Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sub 2:30:00?

I am excited for tomorrow's race. It will be a real test of all the training I have been doing the fast few years to get where I am now. I think, if everything goes right, that I could perhaps surpass the 2:30:00 barrier tomorrow. My plan is to just go out and race, and keep it simple, run by feel. If I feel comfortable going through 1:14 at the half, I know I will have a shot. At the same time, I want to make sure I don't overkill the first half, so I will run by feel, but, if in contention, run to win. I would love to win. The best I have ever placed in any Marathon was 2nd(to Dickson at the Frederick Marathon last year). I would love to win. I will sure enough try, and give it my best to break through a barrier I have thought about for quite some time. there is a part of me that says, "2:29...that's fast...can I do it?...and there is a part of me that says...you know, that really isn't out of reach...maybe I can do it."

Whatever the outcome, I will give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment