Monday, September 6, 2010

Sept 6: 10.5 Miles @ Marathon Pace

Today I ran one of my first key Marathon Pace Workouts for the higher quality training I will be doing this month leading up to the Chicago Marathon. I've gotten my mileage up pretty high this summer(up to 115 MPW) and now's the time to crank up the intensity. This is the runner I identify with. I am able to maintain a certain pace and just click the miles on by evenly. I trained this way before the Frederick Marathon, and I am training this way now except the fact that my miles are being run at 5:50 pace instead of 6:10. I got a good feel for what my goal pace should be for this marathon, and will have a good idea of how my workouts continue. I felt smooth out there and never felt overworked-but on the right plane. I did this workout on the canal to mimic the flat Chicago course:


Splits were very even with the last few miles faster:

5:50, 5:50, 5:50, 5:50, 5:50, 5:50, 5:50, 5:40, 5:40, 5:40

10 Miles in about 58:00.

2:32:00 Marathon Pace.

11 Miles total.


Later on, I went to see the VT VS Boise State game with Beth and Patrick Murphy. We had a great time and even though it was a tough loss it WAS a great game. Other breaking news is that I have decided to move out to live with Joe Wiegner soon! More to come later...

On another note, I ate Famous Dave's Chicken Tenders at Fed Ex Field(highly recommended by Chicken Tender Runner) and they were up to par. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment