Monday, March 14, 2011

Ready To Go

3/7-3/13: mostly just distance runs with a solid 8 mile tempo this past Saturday that felt really good and let me know I am ready to go for the half this weekend. The effort felt great and I picked it up the whole way. I started out at 5:30s pace for the first mile and then quickly worked down the pace each mile, progressing to 5:20s, and then 5:15s, running as fast as 5:10s pace the later miles. My last mile was under 5:10.
I ended up averaging just under 5:20 pace for 8 miles, total of 11.5 miles with warm up and cool down.
I think with racing flats, good weather, fast course, good competition, I am ready to run somewhere between 1:09:00 and 1:10:00 for the 13.1 distance.

Monday: AM: 10.5 miles, PM: 6 miles
Tuesday: PM: 11.5 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: AM: 5 miles, PM: 5 miles
Friday: AM: 7 miles
Saturday: AM: 1 mile warm up, 8 mile TEMPO, 2 mile cooldown
Sunday: PM: Long Run EZ 14.5 miles

Total: 74 miles

This week is sharpening, no hardcore workouts really. Today I'll take off and pick up for the rest of the week. I'll probably do a little sharpening up on the track wednesday and should be around 60-65 miles for the week. Excited to go to Shamrock this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment