Saturday, October 1, 2011

Twin Cities-Good Luck Luci!

Lucinda, who I run with every now and then, will attempt her debut marathon tomorrow morning at Twin Cities(USA Marathon Champs). Luci has trained very well and did some solid training runs with me to help prep her for the race. She will be shooting for the 2:46:00 Olympic Marathon Trials Standard, and I believe she is certainly within that range. Lucinda ran in High School with me and knew much about running before I did(when I began running cross country as a freshman, she was a junior). I learned a lot about the sport from her and many of the older runners on the team. Most of QO's fastest runners never continued competing post collegiately, and it's nice that besides myself today, she still competes and trains at a high level. I wish her the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment