Sunday, April 22, 2012

4/16-4/22: 80 Miles/Week & The Marathon Trials Qualifier

These past couple of weeks have been really great training weeks.  I am ready to take it down this week in preparation for this coming Sunday's Pikes Peek 10K, but overall I have felt pretty darn awesome on runs.  This week I did four runs of longer than 90 minutes, and got in 80 miles total with 1 day off.  The track workout on Wednesday gave me great indication that the turnover is there.  On Saturday I met with Luci(2012 Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifier) to do a long run with her at White's Ferry.  Hilariously, she went to Edward's Ferry by accident, and we each ran on the towpath to meet 2.5 miles in.  It was our first training run since before the trials in January, and we had a great convo about her trials race.  She also encouraged me that I too can qualify for the trials if I keep at it.  The race she ran in January certainly inspires me to do so-having been on edge with a foot injury, she was forced to cross train somewhat and do minimal workouts but yet found a way to finish the race in a dang impressive 2:48(this was only 3 months after she ran her DEBUT PR of 2:43).  Her husband, Andy Smith has done an awesome job coaching her and I do think Luci has the potential to go low 2:30's in the marathon someday.  We intend to get regular training runs in throughout the summer and I definitely enjoy helping her get faster and achieving her goals.       

The breakdown of the week below:

Monday: AM: 13 miles on the trolley trail and Rock Creek trails.
PM: easy mile plus plyometric drills while coaching

Tuesday: AM: 14 miles on the trolley trail and Rock Creek trails.

Wednesday: AM: Weights
PM: TRACK: 4x400(67, 67, 66, 65), 2x800(2:21, 2:19), 2x1600(4:55, 4:51)
Total Mileage: 9

Thursday: PM: 15 Miles starting from Great Falls on Towpath/MacArthur Loop

Friday: OFF

Saturday: AM: 16.6 Miles(12 with Luci), averaging 6:50s pace.

Sunday: AM: 11 Miles easy pace at Carderock

Total: 80 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment