Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 26-August 1: 105 MPW

A new record high mileage week for me.
The breakdown:

Mon: AM: 5.5 miles
Tues: AM: 4.5 miles, PM: 7 miles
Wed: AM: 16 miles, PM: 5 miles
Thurs: AM: 10 miles, PM: 10 miles
Fri: PM: 18 miles
Sat: AM: 11.5 miles
Sun: PM: 17 miles

Total: 105 miles

Felt kind of on and off all week. Somedays I just felt sluggish out there. But I got the miles in, and that's what counts. Actually, if I had counted from last Sat-this past Fri, I would have totalled 115. I kind of did a strange thing towards the end of the week, I felt pretty good friday evening so I ended up running my long run that day(18 miles) but I ALSO ran 17 miles 48 hours later! Just shows these distances are becoming much more familiar and easier for my body to handle(kind of like running routine 10 milers when training for 10-13.1 racing). Friday was a nice run though. I started off really slow at Pennyfield and worked up towards mile 27 and then turned right onto that dirt road(forget the name) that goes back to river road. As I turned onto River, I began picking up the pace, uphill, downhill. Up, down. It was 7:45 in the evening and I was loving every minute of it. I was all alone in the country. Not a soul passed me by. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a Red Fox bounding along the grass on the opposite end of the road before scampering off into the bushes. I hammered up some more hills. Turned right onto Rileys and headed back to Pennyfield, finishing as the sun had set. My body feels more up to speed with the higher mileage now. I am shooting for another 90-100 next week for mileage with some quality long distance workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment