Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oct 17-23: 69 Miles/Week

Tapering is going well. Finished the week up in 69 miles. The longest I ran all week was 13 miles. I did a nice progression on the track on Wednesday, basically just sharpening up. I did a 4 mile progression on the track in the following splits per lap: 90, 88, 81, 81, 78, 79, 80, 79, 78, 78, 77, 78, 78, 76, 78, 76.(mile splits 5:40, 5:18, 5:13, 5:10). Was just enough to get my legs going. On Saturday I did a single Edwards Ferry/Whites Ferry Loop of 10 miles working down to MP for the 2nd half of the run. Finished in 60 minutes and it was no sweat. Rest of my runs have been easy and will be the rest of this week. I may do a 2 mile MP run on Wednesday as a dress rehearsal for the marathon if I feel like I need it. I have been getting physically hungrier and eating more and more as I am craving to store more and more energy my body demands. I listen to what it wants. Been stretching more as well which is a good thing. The final week is here...should be around 50 miles give or take. I have prepared as best I can at this point.

1 comment:

  1. I like these workouts. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'll be thinking of you out there. Get out of the way and let it happen.

    ReplyDelete