Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tues, Feb 2: Lactate Threshold Workout(Half Marathon Pace)

On Tuesday I decided to do an LT pace workout on the treadmill since the damn snow was back again coming down hard. I started off gradually picking up the pace during the first 5 minutes and then settled into 11mph (5:27 pace). This was perfect pacing for me since it was 1:11:00 Half Marathon Race Pace. The pace was hard but my leg turnover was fine and found I wasn't digging into the red zone at all. I did the tempo for 40 minutes. I gradually slowed down after the tempo but still ran 6:00-6:30 pace comfortably afterward to run for a total of 65 minutes. I am getting fitter. I ran this in my flats which was good practice for racing. I'd like to do another workout similar to this and hold 5:27 pace for about 10 miles-either treadmill or canal-we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. These long run/workouts are clutch. Quite impressive considering you're doing them solo.

    ReplyDelete