Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aug 24-30: lower mileage week: 50 miles

I lowered the mileage last week down to 50 and did PLENTY of sleeping as well. I feel more rested and prepared for the Half Marathon next Sunday. On Saturday, I did the CJs C & O Canal 5K as a light workout and it felt pretty good. I started off the first mile in 5:52, then worked down to goal half marathon pace, splitting 5:29, 5:33. I felt comfortable and ended up winning the race, finishing in 17:33. I also did some strength training this week. On Sunday I did a solid 12+ mile loop on the canal and seneca road. I feel more refreshed.

It's now time to gear up for a very competitive half marathon this sunday. The Va Beach Rock N Roll Half Marathon is a race I have always wanted to do. There is terrific competition with many elite international runners in the race. I am hoping to run a big PR of 1:11:00-1:12:00 and to finish in the top 20. I know I can run that fast, it's just a matter of putting everything together in the right race.

No comments:

Post a Comment