Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Turning Up the Intensity

Today I did my first Marathon/Half Marathon Workout for the fall. After running short and easy for Monday and Tuesday(5 mile runs), I did 8.5 miles today with 7+ at 2:28 Marathon Pace. I felt pretty relaxed and felt good to turn up the intensity a bit. It really didn't feel that hard at all, just new. I feel like I am going to get very very fit really quickly. My legs are feeling stronger and I am getting hungry for workouts. This week's mileage will probably be a bit less than the last week. While my prime goal is the Marine Corps Marathon on Oct, I am gearing up for the Va Beach Rock N Roll Half Marathon in 3.5 weeks. This fall season could really be a big breakthrough for me. We will have to wait and see. Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment