Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Shamrock Marathon and 2:38:48.

"You're moving at a pretty good pace there, sir," a guy standing out on his front lawn said to me today as I ran up the steep aspen hill yet a third time. I was in the middle of a 10 mile run that started from Lake Needwood and was running up aspen hill which is a good hill not far from the intersection of Veirs Mill road. I was actually not moving that fast, at least didn't feel so anyways. It was cool out and it's been nice to run with a t shirt and feel comfortable.

Today I registered for the Shamrock Marathon in Va Beach which is on March 21, 2010. This date gives me 5 solid months to prepare after Marine Corps. This marathon is where I hold my current PR: 2:38:48, back in 2005. I am so sick of that PR. Of course, I am looking to lower that standard in Marine Corps on Oct 25. Breaking 2:40:00 in 2005 was huge for me. I would love to break 2:30:00 on the flat Shamrock course this time.

1 comment:

  1. and you will! I'm sure you were moving fast and looked very cute in your running attire!

    ReplyDelete