Sunday, October 4, 2009

Motivation

On Friday, October 4th, at 4:30pm, I got laid off. It's strange how things can change so fast. But this blog is not about work, it is about running. Here is the wonderful thing about running: I can get laid off, but I still have something that is much more fulfilling than work(besides of course my wonderful girlfriend)...my running. I still have my running. I mean, even if I only run ONE great race in my lifetime...I have it forever. A certain time is forever. No one can take it, or "lay me off". The working world does that to you. You can have one thing, and BAM you lose it without your control. In this period, I am happy that I have kept up my training, because it proves that it is all worthwhile. It always pays off in the end. I ran 78 miles last week, with an 18 mile long run on Sunday to cap it off. Next week will be my highest mileage ever, before tapering the last 2 weeks before the Big Dance on Oct 25th. I am going to use this "layoff" as extra motivation for the marathon. I am going to take advantage of it. Because that's what runners do. They use everything to the fullest.
By the way, thanks Patrick Murphy for giving me some contact names.

No comments:

Post a Comment