Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oct 5-Oct 11: 100 Miles/week

I hit my peak mileage for this fall's marathon. 100 miles is a lot for me, in fact, it's the most I've ever run in a week, and it has taken some work for me to get up there. But I feel like this is just the beginning, really. I feel that my body is built to handle even up to 140 per week one day, it's just taken time for me to work my way up there. It's an exciting time for my running. I am so happy I started up again in 2007. I feel like this is meant for me, and am looking foward to really pushing the envelop over the next couple of years.

This week's runs:

Mon: 8 miles easy
Tues: 16 miles easy
Wed: 17 miles med long run
Thurs: 11 miles
Fri: 14 miles
Sat: 22.5 mile long run
Sun: 11.5 miles

Total: 100 miles

I am now going to reduce my mileage over the last 2 weeks in prep for marine corps, and turn up the intensity a bit to get my legs fresh and rolling. I feel a PR around the corner..

No comments:

Post a Comment