Friday, May 6, 2011

5/6: 5x1000m

This morning I did 5x1000m: The perfect 5k workout. It is tough...I wanted to stop after the 3rd interval. But I focused on the task at hand and held things together. This is what makes pain in a race conquerable. I love pushing myself.

3:03, 2:58, 2:58, 3:00, 2:59 were the times I hit in the 5x1000m workout I did this morning, averaging goal 14:59 5k pace. Slightly faster pace than last week(where I did 4x1000m), which is very encouraging since I added one more interval this time. I think I do have a shot at breaking 15:00, it will be tough though. I have learned doing this workout that it is not an easy barrier to break-it is 4:49 per mile. It did and will toughen me up for next Saturday's race, and early next week I will do one final tune-up workout using my Nike Victory Spikes(pictured above) to sharpen things up and I'll be good. I've been doing my workouts in 7-8 ounce shoes so once I put on 3 ounce victory spikes I will be ready to tear it up. I am entered in the Swarthmore College Last Chance Meet on May 14 for 14:45-I will most likely be in the fast heat with some pretty fast college guys and other club runners.

1 comment: