Saturday, May 14, 2011

no sub 15, but 15:13, PR!

The race was separated into 3 heats. I was in the 1st heat, the fastest one, which put me towards the back pretty much. But I fought hard and beat several guys to attempt sub 15 but I just didn't have anything left. I ran as hard as I could and gave it my all. Satisfied with finishing the Spring with a final PR. The 5k has never been easy for me, in fact it is a tough event for me that I have needed to work on. But I have established a decent time and it will help me in my future distances.

15:13, 24th in my heat, 32nd overall. 80 runners.

Race Report coming later...

3 comments:

  1. Hot tamales, Chris. Nice race. You have set a lot of PRs this spring. I think it's a sign of great things yet to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PR, Chris. Great way to end a fantastic Spring racing season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good Chris. 13 seconds off your last 5k. You've got to run 15:1x before you can run 14:59, so this is clearly a step in that direction.

    You've had a killer spring: PRs in 5k, 10k, 10 miles, 13.1 miles...

    Take a moment and pat yourself on the back. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete