Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 21: 15 Miles Moderate

I woke up Wednesday morning with a sore throat, a throbbing head, and an aching body. It's one thing to just have a sore throat or stuffy nose(which usually is just a minor cold), but the achy body told me something was wrong-and it wasn't just the mileage I'd been running, so I did the smart thing and immediately called the doctor and set an appointment that day. At least I had a little bit of an appetite, so I downed some oatmeal and a glass of OJ. A few hours later, the doctor told me it was a sinus infection, so I was prescribed some Pennicilin and Flonase. I slept all day...literally. I did not run. I could barely get around. Beth was nice enough to visit and bring me ice cream from cold stone, and I watched some basketball and fell asleep on the couch before trudging myself up to bed. I slept for another 12 hours, and when I woke up this morning, the aches in my body had thankfully diminished. I felt much better. In fact, I felt like running, so I waited until the afternoon to go for a run. I ended up running a 15 miler on the Canal. The first half hour I felt kinda sluggish but then I woke up a bit and cruised along moderately. Those antibiotics really do the trick. Should be around 80 miles or so this week.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're better, but make sure you're 100%. I started working out too soon after my cold and my body never really got over the cold completely. Just be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, I find it a bit difficult to read your text (dark blue on black background.) Would it be possible to switch your text to a lighter color, such as white?

    -Towpath

    ReplyDelete