Saturday, January 30, 2010

PAIN

Damn snow. Damn cold. Yesterday I ran 12 miles easy on the Canal. I started from Lock 10 and worked towards DC and even ran across the Chain Bridge(although the wind was brutal). It was a beautiful day although cold and I already miss the Towpath since now it just got another unwanted dumping of cold snow. Today was a different story. It was cold, snow blowing everywhere, and windy! Fuck. I am so sick of snow. I thought I protected myself enough against the beast blizzard #2. I wore a balaclava, wool socks, and a hardcore outerlayer. By the time I headed out, I looked like a ninja ready to take combat. K.O.!! I jumped outside ready to take on the storm. It was 3PM, so I was running in the middle of the storm. I decided to sleep in this morning(which I regret now) and went to work from 10-2. But I also decided to run 14 today so it was better to recover afterwards with not much to do other than shovel. So about an hour into the run, my hands began to go numb. I then struggled with the pain in my hands I am oh so familiar with for the next 20 minutes, trying to run faster to beat the cold and bring heat to my hands. It became so painful that I started screaming outloud, people stared. I didn't care. It was so goddamn painful that I just prayed it would go away. I ran faster, and the faster I ran, the more the pain would subside. So eventually, FINALLY, it did, at the end of the run. That was torture. Need to remember to wear the hardcore windproof gloves WHICH I HAVE...so I am kicking myself in the teeth right now for not bringing them. I got in 14 miles as planned. Should be around 85 this week.

5 comments:

  1. That was one of the most hardcore, mighty posts I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing my mom didn't hear you screaming when you bumped into her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riveting, truly. That sounds like what happened to my toes when I went running with cotton the 1st day of snow storm #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete