Sunday, June 14, 2009

34:58

34:58 for the 10K. Not a bad time. But really not great either, considering I ran my PR of 34:16 last December on a windy cold day. The race went out moderate(I was actually almost in the lead from the start), but my pace started to settle into 5:30s. I got frustrated as soon as I saw my 2 mile split of 11:00. Oh well. My wise girlfriend told me that if I was running the race of my life now she would be worried, since my real peak race is the Marine Corps Marathon in Oct. So I guess it was a good training run for me. It certainly wasn't as bad as the 5 miler I did last month. 34:58 was good for 16th place, off of low mileage. I guess not too shabby. Once I raise the mileage this summer, my fitness will get really strong. I really want to run some decent times this summer which will give me more confidence for my concentration races like the half marathon and marathon. 34:58 is good for right now. But I need to improve if I want to be able to run 1:11:00-1:12:00 for the half marathon in Sept. We'll see how the Baltimore 10 Miler goes this weekend. I am excited for it, haven't raced 10 miles in a long time. It's a fun distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment