Monday, June 1, 2009

Long Run at Capital Crescent Trail

Other than a few 9-10 milers, this Sunday I did my first semi long run since the marathon. I ran at the Capital Crescent trail on a semi humid day. I felt kinda crappy, but it felt good to run longer again. Ended up being around 13.5 miles. Post marathon, I rested and kept my mileage at 20 miles per week for about 3 weeks, then bumped it up to 34 last week. I ran the Germantown 5 miler 13 days after the marathon, and boy was that a slow race for me. 28:03. But again, it was right after the marathon. Now, I finally feel like I am getting my energy back. Recovery is so important. It is through recovery when the body grows stronger. I have a string of fun races in June coming up, starting off with a 5K this weekend. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment