Sunday, June 7, 2009

Capital Crescent 5K

Well one thing's for sure: today was a better race for me than the 5 miler I did 3 weeks ago. I felt like I could actually race this time and compete whereas in the last race someone would pass me and I would not respond. 16:41, good for 4th place. The time wasn't great but an improvement nevertheless. For the little amount of mileage and training I have been doing for the past month(20-30 miles) per week) it is a good indicator that I am capable of running some fast times for the 2nd half of 2009. Mileage will get higher soon. I need to get faster in the 5k, I need to break 16. I am pumped for the 10K next Saturday, it should be fun. Hopefully my fitness will continue to improve and I will break 34min next weekend. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment