Saturday, June 27, 2009

Change of Perspective

So I found out that the Baltimore "10" Miler was a bit longer than 10 miles. Which totally changed my persepctive of my race last week. Apparently, the course ended up being a total of 10.2 miles, which would leave me at 56:53 for the 10 Mile split at 5:41 average per mile. That is a solid performance on a hilly course that I am happy with right now. It means with a few more months down the road, I will be ready to run a fast, flat half marathon in Sept. Very promising.

I met up with the GRC crew at the Georgetown Running Co. store this morning. We had a nice group for a long run, ran from the canal up to Lourborough street down Massachusetts cross to Connecticut, through the Zoo and back down eventually to the store. Some of the guys wanted to go 2 hours~18 miles, I decided to cut it around 14-15 miles or so, finished up in an hour and 41 minutes. Nice running with a group for most of the way. After 2 years of reviving my running and racing on my own, its great joining a group of post collegiate guys to try to get to the next level. I never felt satisfied with my running before I started again in 2007. It's like a whole new me. I always felt like I was able to run much much faster and train better. I am eager to explore just how fast I can run in my lifetime. I just turned 26 yesterday. Now is the time to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment