Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Baltimore 10 Miler

Saturday was the Baltimore 10 Miler. I placed 3rd. 58:02. Well actually, I really placed 4th. Since somehow the officials missed the real 3rd place finisher(Joe Lamonte) and put me in the slot instead. The course was hilly, and the last 1/3 was all uphill, which slowed down my time somewhat. The rain in the beginning sucked(it was pouring in the first 10 min), then it tapered down and was manageable. I don't mind running in a little rain, but when it pours, its just miserable. Overall, I cranked out consistent 5:45s, pretty much right where I wanted to be. At the same time I am not satisfied either, I am hungry to run a fast 13.1 in Sept. This marked my 3rd race in 3 weeks. These frequent summer races I have run have been no PRs, but still solid times. I think it will really help my strength for the fall. I get a break next weekend from racing(my Birthday), and then July will roll around for a few 5ks and an 8k throughout the month. That will be my last month of racing shorter stuff before the longer races begin. 42 miles for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,

    Here is the explanation I got regarding the B-Ten Miler results after I emailed the race director to ask what happened to my time. This is the oddest thing I've ever experienced in 10 15 years of road racing:



    Joe: Thanks for writing us with your race concerns. We hope that you enjoyed the race.

    As to your placing (third place) in the event, that is exactly correct.

    We do understand what happened with your D-tag. Nothing, it worked just as it should. When John Sillery got there late, he did not have a chance to get a tag. After discussion with the race, it was decided that his race placing (second) was legitimate as he was physically the second runner to cross the line. When we added Sillery manually the system was in edit mode, not insert mode, so Sillery took your spot. We found this out when we tried to insert your time (from our back-up system) manually and you replaced Christopher Sloane (who had been listed as third). That is now corrected and we have you in your correct spot (third) between Sillery and Sloane. I added/changed some of the wording of our race day report to reflect your race position.

    http://www.runwashington.com/news/1522/

    We do apologize for the confusion and hope you will be able to make it to town for the third annual race in 2010.

    Sincerely,
    James Moreland
    Webmaster and Runner Rankings
    Washington Running Report
    http://www.runwashington.com

    ReplyDelete