Saturday, December 5, 2009

2010


I am very much looking foward to 2010. I've finally got a list of races that I am set on. 2010 is going to be a big year for me in terms of the Marathon. After the Jingle All the Way 10K on December 13th, I am not racing again until the very last day of February(the 28th), when I return to the course where I set my PR in the Half Marathon(1:13:13)-The Colonial Half Marathon, which will be a tune-up for my next Marathon: The Shamrock Va Beach Marathon.

In 2009, I raced a lot, with a total of 20 races. 2010 will be a little bit less, with a much stronger emphasis on QUALITY. I've got 6 major races lined up between February-June.

2010 Spring Racing Schedule:

February 28-The Colonial Half Marathon VA
March 21-Shamrock Marathon VA
April 11-Cherry Blossom 10 Miler DC
April 17-Dismal Swamp Stomp Half Marathon VA
April 25-Pike's Peak 10K MD
June 6-San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon CA

Over the summer I will jump in a few 5ks/8k(Rockville Twilighter is a MUST), and then move on to preparing for what most likely will be the 2010 CHICAGO MARATHON. This is a race I have wanted to do for a long time, but only when the timing is right-meaning when I am ready to run FAST. I want to be on top of my game for this race. I definitely see potential for me to make a major leap in progression in 2010. I think Shamrock and San Diego will be good opportunities for me to improve on my marathon time, get really strong, and get ready for Chicago. April will be a big peak month of racing for me, with 3 different distances within 3 weeks-first the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, then the Dismal Swamp Stomp Half Marathon in Chesapeake, VA, and then the Pikes Peak 10K in Rockville, MD. These 3 races are ALL FLAT COURSES and new races I have never run, so it will be exciting. I'm preparing to run Cherry Blossom as a pre-race tune up for the Swamp Stomp 13.1 less than a week later, so my focus will definitely be on that 13.1. Dropping down to the 10K a week later will be a good set up for a new 10K PR. Then some rest, and less than a month and a half later I will make the trip out to San Diego once again to redeem my poorly run marathon there(in 2008)-it was barely a marathon- I walked 3 miles of the course! San Diego should be a blast, it will be my third time visiting the city. And they have SUSHI everywhere(Beth you would love it.=))

So, for 2010, I have 3 Marathons lined up- it sounds like a lot, but again, I recover very quickly. And, I am racing in fewer races(maybe I'll jump in some shorter races for specific workouts-but that'd be the only reason to do a few more) and the focus is on QUALITY-fast times, PRs, breakthrough performances. The one semi question mark I have is a pre-Chicago Half Marathon tune up race. I was planning on running the NYC half but that got moved to March.
So...
I will most likely run the Rock N Roll Va Beach Half Marathon in Sept again, awesome race.
2010 Fall Racing Schedule(Tentative):

September 5-Va Beach Rock N Roll Half Marathon
October 10-Chicago Marathon

Progression-this is how one's goals are achieved. Slowly but surely, I am confident I can get to where I believe my lifetime potential is. 2010 is going to be a big step towards that.

1 comment: